Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Procrastination as an Art

I honestly don't know how I can procrastinate for so long when I know how much it is going to hurt me. Take this for instance, I'm getting all Meta but procrastinating by writing about procrastination is pretty impressive/ridiculous. Even when I decide to start working, and sit down with word or power point open in front of me... I constantly find myself staring off into thin air or wandering off to the web- wikisurfing, reading webcomics (xkcd usually), or looking at all manner of random threads on Shawn Elliot's twitter (seriously, that guy is brilliantly insane). Or even worse I find myself jumping in for a quick few rounds of CoD4, TF2, or increasingly Empire: Total War (my Russian campaign has been going on since I picked the game up about a month ago... Spain has recently fallen except for their colony in the north-west of France... but that's neither here nor there...); those quick few turns inevitably turn into 2 hour affairs.

So this is me getting it out there. Slapping myself in the face with it; in the hope that I will acknowledge it and get the F**K over this worst habit of mine! Something tells me that it isn't going to work...

But yeah.

Currently I'm working on a presentation for one of my digital cultures classes, Computer Games and Simulation, about Network and Game Communities. Its bringing up some interesting points which I will definitely blog about when I get the chance.
Simultaneously I'm a working on that game theory/cuban missile crisis paper that I blogged about yesturday. Not making much progress unfortunately, so it looks like I'll be doing an all nighter... again... (seriously I don't know why I'm suprised)... and yeah I'll probably end up doing another one tomorrow night. At least once I finish that assignment I've got some time to chill... OH WAIT, I DON'T!! Yeah, I've got a paper to write for Australian Foreign and Defence Policy on the evolution of the Australian Defence Force, and whether it should move towards a primarily humanitarian intervention force. So yeah- fun stuff.

Ha... and after that I've also got a major research essay for sociology (Violence, Imaginaries and Symbolic Power) about the nature of violence in videogames.

I love University... but damn I hate it too.

Wish me luck my imaginary friends, I'm going to need it....

No comments: