Monday, April 27, 2009

Shopping around for a title...

So today I spent a few hours burrowed deep inside Sydney University's Fisher Library, reading up on Game theory and the Cuban Missile crisis. Both very interesting subjects independently, but together they are driving me nuts. The simplicity of Game theory's models are great in theory, but when you are made aware of the huge amount of documentation of the three administrations ' decision making processes, the sheer chance and misconceptions- they seem increaingly insufficient and abstract... so I'm going to have a great time on this International Security essay.

Appart from the essay fun, it was my brother's birthday today, so I had dinner with him, his girlfriend and our families (make your own stir-fry on the bbq). Always an interesting affair...
This year I picked him up an iriver S10 (got on sale for $60-not sure about the value but it was there and I didn't have time to order something in), some sports/sweat-proof headphones, and The Dark Knight which I wanted anyways, so I felt as if i might as well get it for him for his birthday.

In addition to this I also went on something of a clothes shopping spree, at least by my standards, and picked up a new outfit. $350. Ouch. Still, I've got to give credit to the sales assistant at Broadway Tarocash- she really is one of the most persistant individuals I have every met. I swear I went into the place only planning on getting some pants and maybe a light jumper... instead I end up grabbing a 3/4 shirt, tie and belt as well... all of which she was nice enough to point out... not that she would have the slightest alterior motivation =P. It must have been something to do with the fact that I'm a weak male and she is an attractive young lady....


thats all for now,
night all.

No comments: