Sunday, April 26, 2009

So why am I writing this blog?

During highschool I loved to write. I spent my days thinking about writing, reading about writing, writing about writing, and just plain old writing. But back then I was working on a short story for a 4 unit english major project. My High School days a long gone (thank god) but in the time since everytime I start writing I fizzle out after a few days... writing seems to be a muscle best exercised regularly. So this is my attempt to get back out there, without destroying my already shaky attempts at a social/academic life balance.

Why should anyone care, let alone read this?

To be perfectly honest, I doubt anyone will ever read this. I haven't done anything (in)famous or revolutionary; I'm not relentlessly witty or insanely intresting... so chances are I won't even get a viewer on this page anyway. Frankly though, I don't really care =] . If someone WERE to read this... I guess I would answer:

I'm currently studying a degree in International relations and sociology, and have a long-standing obsession with PC and console gaming and gaming culture. I'm generally known by my friends as having something to say about anything, and I like to think I know something about everything (a little bit about a lot rather than a lot about a little bit)... so my rants are likely to span the topics of philosophy, politics, international security, sociological abnormalities, videogames, other media, and what ever else comes up. Beyond my ranting, I enjoy releasing creative writing pieces (usually short fiction), so its likely I'll be putting those here in the event I ever get around to writing it.

Falling asleep here... I'll write something more in the next few days.. Its a busy few weeks ahead (2 major essays and a presentation!) so this will be a slow spot for a while.

Night all.

No comments: